Yodeck works on all Raspberry Pi versions, from the very first release back in 2012 until the very latest. Each hardware version has its own restrictions. Here, we provide a detailed matrix to show features and compatibility.
We recommend using the latest version, the Raspberry Pi 4, with at least 2GB of RAM for new deployments. This will ensure that you have all features supported by your hardware, even if you currently do not use some.
|Model||Memory||CPU cores||Max Resolution||Ethernet||WiFi||Recommendation*|
|Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (8GB)||8GB||4||2160p (4K)||Recommended|
|Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (4GB)||4GB||4||2160p (4K)||Recommended|
|Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (2GB)||2GB||4||2160p (4K)||Recommended(1)|
|Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (1GB)||1GB||4||2160p (4K)||Recommended(1)|
|Raspberry Pi 4 Compute Module||4GB-8GB||4||2160p (4K)||/-||Recommended|
|Raspberry Pi 4 Compute Module||1GB-2GB||4||2160p (4K)||/-||Recommended(1)|
|Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+||1GB||4||1080p||Fully Supported|
|Raspberry Pi 3 Model B||1GB||4||1080p||Fully Supported|
|Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Module||1GB||4||1080p||(I/O pins)||-||Fully Supported|
|Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Module Lite||1GB||4||1080p||(I/O pins)||-||Fully Supported|
|Raspberry Pi 2 Model B||1GB||4||1080p||-||Fully Supported|
|Raspberry Pi Zero W||512MB||1||1080p||-||Single Playlist only|
|Raspberry Pi Zero||512MB||1||1080p||-||-||Single Playlist only|
|Raspberry Pi Compute Module||512MB||1||1080p||(I/O pins)||-||Single Playlist only|
|Raspberry Pi Model B+||512MB||1||1080p||-||Single Playlist only|
|Raspberry Pi Model A+||512MB||1||1080p||-||-||Single Playlist only|
|Raspberry Pi Model B, Rev 2||512MB||1||1080p||-||Single Playlist only|
|Raspberry Pi Model B||256MB||1||1080p||-||Not recommended|
|Raspberry Pi Model A||256MB||1||1080p||-||-||Not recommended|
* Yodeck Recommendations:
- Recommended: These are the models we recommend for all new deployments. They support 4K screen resolution and 4K video decoding and are the most future-proof option.
- Recommended(1): This model is recommended for all new deployments for full-screen content only. They support 4K screen resolution though they need tweaking for supporting 4K video decoding. In special cases, where complex Layouts are required (multiple Widgets and Playlists on screen), or heavy Web Pages with data dashboards are displayed, we recommend using the 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB versions, depending on your needs. 2GB version fully support 4K video decoding, while 4GB version will likely support anything you might need.
- Fully Supported: These models are fully supported, and we will continue to provide support for them in the future. Keep in mind that these units do not support 4K at all. In special cases, where complex Layouts are required (multiple Widgets and Playlists on screen), or heavy Web Pages with data dashboards are displayed, we recommend using the 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB recommended versions as shown above.
- Single Playlist only: These models are slow but work fine. It would be best if you only used them for a single full-screen Playlist, perhaps safely adding a single ticker. We recommend against these for new installations.
- Not recommended: These 256MB units will work but will be sluggish and fail at some point. Use these only for testing and not for production deployments.
Raspberry Pi 4 -1GB
All 1GB Raspberry Pi 4 units come for free with our Annual Plans.